Thursday, July 19, 2012

Settling in at Home with Family Treasures

Well -- bringing family furniture to our house is always a cause for celebration.  We love the stories the pieces represent and the transfer of love that comes with them!  Since I'm still in Kansas, Sisters#2 had fun incorporating the pieces into the house.....until the last trick they played on me!  Take a look!

Grandma Rosa Mae's kitchen clock

One of the end tables that Dennis made in high school; next to Caroline's sofa in study upstairs

Mid-century sewing table from my Great-Grandmother...having built-ins put around it


Joanna taking the "T" from her grandparents screen door back to San Francisco as ART!

Great-Grandmother Joanna Winfrey's plant stand

Cousin Nona Brown's beautiful Iris painting

The joke is on MOM!  The girls sent me all the reasons that these dog paintings belong on either side of the front door.  I had to have CPR!  They took them down!  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment